At Loki Creative, we are a vibrant and innovative branding and marketing studio dedicated to helping brands across various industries make a lasting impact. Our team is fueled by creativity, strategic thinking, and a commitment to excellence. We’re currently seeking a talented Social Media Manager to join our team.
The Social Media Manager will play a crucial role in supporting the development of existing retainer social media clients, managing projects, overseeing seasonal campaigns, and contributing to new social media business pitches. We’re in search of a seasoned professional who possesses a keen understanding of effective social media practices and can craft compelling content that resonates with our client’s audiences. The ideal candidate should exhibit genuine curiosity about our client’s businesses, coupled with a positive and collaborative attitude within a team environment and an entrepreneurial spirit and independent work ethic.
- Report to the Social Media Director on the performance and impact of client’s social media programs.
- Develop and implement social media strategies tailored to the unique needs and objectives of our clients.
- Curate engaging content, including visuals, videos, and copy, showcasing our clients’ products and/or services.
- Plan and execute assignments that are on-strategy, on-time and on-budget.
- Manage and maintain social media accounts across various platforms, ensuring consistency and fostering high engagement.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor activities, and social media best practices to identify opportunities and stay ahead.
- Work collaboratively with other team members (graphic designers, content creators, social media specialists) to plan and create content and integrate social media with overall marketing campaigns.
- Stay updated on emerging social media platforms and technologies to explore new opportunities.
- Be responsible for understanding how content is performing, how the online community is reacting, what is working/what is not, and identify weaknesses to optimize strategies.
- At least 3 years of social media/digital marketing experience, agency preferred.
- Proven experience as a Social Media Manager working on multiple clients at a time; experience with diverse industries preferred.
- Proficiency with social media management tools and analytics platforms.
- Passionate about the world of branding, design and marketing of small to medium-sized businesses
- A proficient copywriter and wordsmith, relying on your unique creative talents rather than AI and ChatGPT.
- Fluent in Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp, Klaviyo.
- Strong attention to detail and a keen eye for written and visual content.
- Creative mindset with the ability to think innovatively.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- A natural project manager who juggles tasks adeptly pivots when necessary, and consistently meets deadlines while delivering top-notch results.
Location: Candidates must be able to commit to 2 days in our Gastown office/ on-site at client locations a week.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Flexible work environment.
- Collaborative team culture.
- Referral-based commission.
- Professional development budget of $500 a year
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, a cover letter highlighting their relevant experience, and the answers to the below questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have any agency experience or experience of working on multiple accounts at a time?
Share links or portfolio case studies of social accounts you are currently working on or have worked on in the past (separate from your own)?
We appreciate all applications, but please note that only candidates selected for an interview will receive a response.
Job Type: Part-time
$20-$30 an hour